Sphere of Activity
The main sphere of activity of the Association "Union for Bulgaria" is in the following directions:
- Legislation and Advocacy;
- Public policies;
- International and European Affairs, Policy and Research;
- Promotion of economic development.
In addition to our main activity, we are open to providing support in a wide range of other activities based on our expertise.
We put people first, and in particular Bulgarian citizens in Bulgaria. We believe that it is up to us to make Bulgaria an increasingly better place to live. All our efforts are aimed at improving the quality of life of Bulgarian citizens living in the country.
Objectives of the organization
The goals of the Association are:
- To assist and support the development of civil society in Bulgaria, as well as to assist in cooperation with national and international governmental and non-governmental organizations for the development and assistance of civil society;
- To assist disadvantaged people for integration and realization in society;
- To support and assist in increasing investments in Bulgaria, including participation in national and international projects and programs;
- To transfer experience to civil associations from Europe regarding management and development of urban infrastructure, development of the regional economy and social policy;
- To organize and coordinate the efforts of distinguished experts from various fields, in terms of management and development of urban infrastructure, the development of the regional economy and social policy;
- To assist and confirm the development of the spiritual values, traditional for the Bulgarian people, with the assistance of governmental and non-governmental organizations;
- To assist businesses in Bulgaria for better economic conditions, assistance for participation in national and international projects and programs;
- To assist the state authorities, the Bulgarian Orthodox Church, governmental and non-governmental organizations, for the development of spiritual values, culture and history;
- To work to increase the quality of life of Bulgarian citizens and a better living environment;
- To promote the activities of its members;
- To organize and conduct seminars, schools, courses and other activities for the dissemination of knowledge and skills and in connection with the objectives of the association;
- To assist non-governmental organizations in the participation and implementation of regional, national and international programs for socio-economic development;
- To cooperate with related organizations from the country and the European Union, to establish and maintain international partnerships in the implementation of the goals and program of the association;
- To represent and protect the rights and interests of Bulgarian citizens before the central and local authorities, Bulgarian and foreign public organizations and other institutions for the development of civil society through support and assistance for strong and responsible local self-government;
- To support its members in the participation and implementation of regional, national and international projects and programs for socio-economic development, development of civil society and others related to the goals of the association;
- To develop and support the implementation of a concept for sustainable development of Bulgaria and civil society;
- To assist and support the development of public-private partnerships on the territory of the country;
- To protect the civil rights of Bulgarians;
- To assist in sustainable development, ecological development, health care, education, culture, technology, public-private partnerships, conservation and development of the territory.